
A video update about our crowdfunder - find out more at: www.indiegogo.com/projects/feather-a-new-album-by-edgelarks Here's a little video about making cyanotypes. Cyanotype is a photographic process, and the prints created are sometimes referred to as sun pictures. This sunny element seemed symbolically fitting for this project, so I experimented over the summer, improvising a dark room (and creating a huge mess!). No footage from the dark room of course - where I coated the paper with the chemicals. But I then used feathers I'd found (including, yes, THE feather from Dartmoor), positioned them on the treated paper, and exposed them to the sun for varying periods. I then fixed the image using citric acid baths, and rinsed it out. There is also a (slightly tenuous) link to one of my songs, due to the process being invented by John Herschel, Caroline Herschel's nephew! I was really pleased with the results, but am continuing to experiment to create further prints for the project... Lovely to think of the sunshine, during these longest nights of the year. Midwinter wishes, Hannah x
Cyanotypes - YouTube |
| 1 Likes | 1 Dislikes |
| 121 views views | 1,489 followers |
| Music | Upload TimePublished on 24 Dec 2018 |
Không có nhận xét nào:
Đăng nhận xét